SQLDBPool Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

how to be DBA?

Go down

how to be DBA? Empty how to be DBA?

Post  Admin Fri Nov 18, 2011 4:05 pm

My position:
1.completed BE in electronics and instrumentation 23 yrs old,,,,
2.working in s/w company for nearly around five months.....
3.my work is of supportive nature in windows.net....basic to some medium level changes
4.changes in proc,.......like that

MY interest
1.to become the sql dba
2.travel a lot

My qusetion:
1.how to shift from one company to the other as my sql related works are very small here...wat postion openings will be available
2.is it possible to move from .net dev to DBA...how to transform
3.basic requirement that the company expects for junior DBA postion
4.what are all the books that i have to refer,websites and certifications to be done
5.is there any course or higher studies specially designed for this ....i am from chennai
6.in Maths what subject should i have to concentrate so that it will assist in thinking better (matrix,statistics,probability....like tat)

seen ur blog ...but this fellow needs in detail...pls help

sorry if the question seems funny.....but i strongly belive in "questions cannot be wrong".

expecting your help

waiting patiently....for ur reply and help....
thank u....

Admin
Admin

https://sqldbpool.board-directory.net

Back to top Go down

how to be DBA? Empty Re: how to be DBA?

Post  Admin Fri Nov 18, 2011 4:12 pm

Dear Reader,

My suggestion is don't switch your company because its just 5 months you joined. DBA Role include much more responsibilities.

To shift from .net to SQL DBA, focus the DBA role and resposibility. Setup virtual environment @ home and practice step by step all the DBA Stuffs (Backup, Restore, Install, Mirroring, Cluster, Log-Shipping etc.)

There is no specific expert level course available in the market, they will teach you the basic stuffs. I think you can do it by yourself as well.

You can do SQL Server Certification, it will help you later on once you have alteast 2 years of experience.

Let me know if you need more information.

Thanks,
Jugal Shah

Admin
Admin

https://sqldbpool.board-directory.net

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum